Thanks for all the ideas.

There is a thread on pelican about it also. Air in the system, low airflow
thru condensor were two ideas.

I don't know whether fans were on. I doubt it actually, because it is loud,
so Iwould hAve heard it. I will try it again and look. I only used the ac
once.

My main fan has no shroud, so maybe I need to go electric SPAL there also.

Condenser plugged is possible. But why would it work great for awhile then
quit? I would think it would not cool well at all.

The tank is old. Pressure switches are new. Expansion valve and drier and
evaporator and pressure hose are new. Compressors have been rebuilds. Last
one from rock auto.

Ambient was only in the 80s.

Will follow up.