Heh.

One of our network guys is Polish and from the Milwaukee area.  He has a name
that is nearly all consonants.  One of the “tests” for a new employee is to
introduce them to him and then ask them to pronounce his last name (it’s on a
sign on the outside of his cubicle as is everyone’s.)

I walked up and said, “Hi, Steve Zxbfhagrty.  Glad to meet you.”

Lots of stunned faces around me.  Hee.

I worked with a guy at Kohler who had a last name that was consonants with only
the letters “a” and “y”.  They had to spell out his name phonetically on his
business card, as there was nearly no way you could see it cold and be able to
pronounce it.

Grzywacz

It’s pronounced “gree-vatch”.

That’s why it’s really easy to pick out someone who’s new to the area when you
live there.  Their butchering of the local names is a dead giveaway.

-D