We were always believers in letting the wild stuff be wild - that way it was
never worried about coming around.  We never shot or trapped anything around
there but moles, and that was only when they tore up the yard.  I have always
believed that if something such as deer didn't shoot at me, I didn't shoot at
them.  Sort of a reciprocal agreement, you might say. There was always plenty
of stuff for humans and wildlife both around the homestead, I can't recall a
time when an animal was a nuisance.

Crows are pretty cool birds and amazingly smart.  And for that matter I sort of
enjoyed the bird, as it made it easy to keep tabs on Purrkins.

-D