-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Curt Raymond
Sent: Wednesday, March 08, 2006 9:51 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [MBZ] Traction in adverse conditions

Limited slip in my opinion is not terribly useful on ice anyway as the
two drive wheels will just hook up and spin the car in circles. My Dad
had a Chevy Tracker with a limited slip rear and in ice and snow you had
to be in 4wd because of its frightening propensity to fishtail. I never
did try it with a bunch of weight in the rear end, in retrospect that
seems like a good idea.

  At any rate, my 240D even with snow tires will spin the tires on ice.
Its ICE for crying out loud...

  -Curt