-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of John Berryman
Sent: Thursday, March 09, 2006 12:57 PM
To: Mercedes Discussion List
Subject: Re: [MBZ] Traction in adverse conditions

On Mar 9, 2006, at 9:35 AM, Dwight E. Giles, Jr wrote:

> Thanks Mike-well I may try the studs one more winter. I have 4 free
> blizzaks as well. Need to find 3 more wheels so I don't have pay the
> changeover.
>
> Dwight Giles, Jr

        If you intend to put studs in used tires be prepared to pick
each
and every stud hole clean. Little stones, sand, glass chips  etc will
not allow the studs to be installed properly. This can be quite time
consuming, more so if you intend to run all 4. Not cleaning out the
holes will result in problems ranging from studs falling out to
punctures. I'll never do it again unless I get mint tires for free.

Johnny B.
I Mac Therefore I am