Have you ever tried simply doing a mouth rinse with cool water?
Rather than swallow the water, take a sip, rinse and squish, then spit it
out, to cure the "dry mouth" issue..

Just a thought.

Organic apple cider, 2 tea spoons
Baking soda, 1/2 tea spoon
8 oz water.

Put baking soda in glass, add Organic apple cider, it will "fizz", while it
is doing that, add the water, stir well ,, add ice cubes to chill gives a
nice crisp touch to the mixture... sip ...

Let me know how it works for you.