in 1993, it was all 3d virtual reality. A friend of mine is an engineer at Boeing. He cut his teeth reducing weight on the tail section of the 757. I think he has been involved with the 767, 777 and 787 as well as several years in the "black hole." They musta thought he was valuable, because he is one of the very few who ever come out of the black hole. I trust him because he was an A&P mechanic before he got his BS degree in Aero E.

I think it is all 3D virtual reality now, but faster and more refined.
Rick Knoble via Mercedes <mailto:mercedes@okiebenz.com>
November 22, 2017 at 4:40 PM

I've always wondered, if they designed the SR-71 with slide rules and drafting tables in the late '50s and early '60s with no or very limited computing power, what do they have now...?

Rick