Looks like it has a virus growing in it!

Robert Koziak via Mercedes <mailto:mercedes@okiebenz.com>
November 26, 2017 at 6:09 PM
Hi All,

I am having an issue with the speedometer on my 2004 E320 w/88K. The car has been mostly stored in a garage but has been kept outdoors for the past 3 months while my house undergoes some renovation work. I decided to use it the past week and noticed the speedometer is getting pinkish random lines that are progressively getting longer.

I researched the internet and apparently there have been issues with the W211 instrument cluster. I will try to attach a picture to show the problem. Any help would be appreciated including any companies that might repair the cluster. I have a feeling the issue will get progressively worse until it is no longer readable.

Thanks

Bob K