> On December 7, 2017 at 8:27 PM Dan Penoff via Mercedes
> <mercedes@okiebenz.com> wrote:
>
> Rather than take the information he provided into consideration, they turned
> around and charged him for practicing engineering without being properly
> licensed.  There’s far more to it than that, if you want to read the details:

Yep, they fined him $500 for constitutionally protected speech, he had to sue
them in federal court. The AG was required to defend the state against his
suit, and the defense basically amounts to 'yep, we did it, we'll give him his
$500 back and that moots the suit'. I say that merits summary judgment for the
plaintiff, not dismissal of the plaintiff's cause of action.