I see plenty drivers staring down at the phone going 75-85 on rural interstates. Really stupid! Mucho Stupido!

Personally, I see both Jim's point for rural areas and drivers who stowed the dumbphone. I also see and agree with Max's point for morons who operate a deadly weapon while staring down at their moronphone.

Meade Dillon via Mercedes <mailto:mercedes@okiebenz.com>
December 18, 2017 at 10:41 AM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but Jim drives in a mostly rural location, where
the majority of his roads are not lit at night. Dan drives mostly
suburban, with well lit roadways. Two totally different environs.

I drive in mostly suburban settings now, and see nearly every driver
looking at their smartphone while driving, and I think the lighting arms
race is necessary in suburban settings filled with distracted drivers.