Not way less, 10% or so. I can tell when they switch in the fall.

Curt

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

  On Sun, Dec 31, 2017 at 6:25 PM, Kaleb C. Striplin via
Mercedes<mercedes@okiebenz.com> wrote:   Winter blend gets way less mpg doesnt
it?  I would think that would be a
big problem for large trucking companies.  I have never seen or heard of
any different diesel being used in the winter here.

On 12/31/2017 5:05 PM, Curt Raymond via Mercedes wrote:
> How does that work when they shut down? Have to run the heater awhile before
> it will start?Back when I first got out of high school I did some work on the
> railroad, they were running bunker fuel and it was a big deal to get one
> started if it got shut down in winter...
>
> Curt
>
> Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
>
>    On Sun, Dec 31, 2017 at 5:41 PM, Curley McLain<126die...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Trucks use summer fuel all year long.  Road tractors have had tank heaters
>for a couple of decades now, so the only places that sell winter blend are the
>places that cater mainly to farmers and contractors with Dissel peekups.
>Truckstops have been selling summer fuel year round for about a decade.  You
>are lucky you didn't get a load of summer fuel until now.   I found that out
>about 2002 -2003 or so after I fueled at one of my favorite truck stops.  I
>went back to chew em out, and they told me the trucking world had changed.
>
> Some of the larger truckstops may have blended Diesel for pickups and reefer
> tanks.  I have not yet seen a reefer tank with a heater, but when it is 20
> below, the reefer doesn't need to run for frozen food.  They still need to
> run to HEAT refrigerated loads, but I routinely got frozen onions every
> winter.  Yuk!
>

>    Curt Raymond via Mercedes  December 31, 2017 at 3:11 PM  Doubt it unless
>you're getting winter fuel all year, otherwise truckers wouldn't be able to go
>north...
> Curt

---
http://www.avg.com