Trucks have APUs. My guess is either they plug in the the truck and that also powers the fuel heater(s) as well as the block heater; or the heaters run off battery power and the APU starts up every so often to recharge the batteries. Dunno, I've never been that close to them. The other thing is most of the trucks under 3 yrs old are kept on the road nearly all the time. If it is a single driver, then the APU runs while the driver sleeps, and it or the batteries keep the fuel warm.

Curt Raymond <mailto:curtlud...@yahoo.com>
December 31, 2017 at 5:05 PM
How does that work when they shut down? Have to run the heater awhile before it will start? Back when I first got out of high school I did some work on the railroad, they were running bunker fuel and it was a big deal to get one started if it got shut down in winter...

Curt