I've got a cousin in Texas, need to get him to take me on a boar hunt. We don't
have any up here...
-Curt

    On Friday, January 5, 2018, 3:17:07 PM EST, Curley McLain via Mercedes
<mercedes@okiebenz.com> wrote:

 Bruce Gamble, in The Black Sheep describes a situation in the South
Pacific, were wild hogs were wrecking things, so a fence was set up to
keep them out.  The fence was of limited success.  The CO had made it
clear nobody could shoot them.  So the ever creative Yankees opened the
gat to the fenced area, waited until all the hogs were inside,closed the
gate.  They then tried to club the hogs, but some of the boars were
troublesome, so they  let them out and clubbed the rest.  The resulting
pigroast fed fresh meat to over 500 men of two squadrons including
ground personnel!

Yes, wild hog is good eatin'.  Just be sure to cut off certain parts of
the boars right away.