They smell the decay scents and find whatever is emitting it, so it usually takes a coupla days to get their attention, sometimes sooner in the heat.

--FT

On 1/8/18 1:24 PM, Andrew Strasfogel via Mercedes wrote:
One wonders whether vultures will go after an injured critter, or does it
have to be fully dead?

On Mon, Jan 8, 2018 at 1:08 PM, Dan Penoff via Mercedes <