As in Tejas, we have large groups of turkey vultures, which perform an amazing
community service by clearing roads and pretty much and open areas of dead
animals.  They’re amazingly efficient, typically clearing a carcass in a matter
of hours.  I can see a dead possum or armadillo freshly deceased on the road
when I go out in the morning and there will be no trace of it when I come home
in the afternoon.

In the north our road and highway crews were often tasked with clearing such
stuff as a part of their jobs. Not necessary here.

-D