And, don't forget, things like electrical tape, maybe duct tape, wire, zip ties, rubber gloves, paper towel etc.

RB

On 11/01/2018 3:17 PM, Curley McLain via Mercedes wrote:
You need to assemble a kit based on what you need to fix 90-95% of failures of that car on the road. (or start with what you have and add to it over time to raise the % of failures you could handle. A set of combo wrenches, and a set of HF  vice grip copies and a 4way screwdriver is a good start.

I had a set in a cusomt made roll I put together for 110-123.  It would handle 95% probably of thengs that might need repair on that car.  1 1/6 deep flute deep socket for injection, 1 1/8 socket for turning crank. 3/8 drive sockets, combo wrenches, box wrenches, screwdriver/sparkplug wrench from MB toolkit, machinists scribe/hook, allen wrenches, 8mm stubby allen socket (OM621/615 oil filter), drip tube for IP timing, 12" Channellock, etc. Unfortunately #1 daughter let it get rusty in the trunk and the roll rotted away.  Most of it is now in a oversize 50 cal can.

I have a kit of some form in every vehicle, plus my Truvalu shallow toolbox I carry (almost) everywhere that will handle 90% of whatever I encounter.

Meade Dillon via Mercedes <mailto:mercedes@okiebenz.com>
January 11, 2018 at 1:44 PM
I've been thinking about a HF standard tool kit that I should get for my
three MB's, let me know what you come up with.

Max
Charleston SC