That is not a hard job, but somewhat fiddly, I can probably now do it in less than an hour.  The kit is cheap, this is pretty much a wear item.

--FT

On 2/20/18 3:27 PM, Andrew Strasfogel via Mercedes wrote:
I went away for 4 days and when I returned, the car shut off normally.

For a day...  Today it ran on again, so I dropped it at the shop.

Diagnosis:  Vacuum pump diaphragm was leaking oil, causing attached hose to
swell and intermittently fail.  The tech was able to clean it off and make
it tight again, but this will likely recur, so I need to replace this part.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/VACUUM-PUMP-DIAPHRAGM-MERCEDES-300-D-123-130-W123-03-1979-11-1985/272409085197?hash=item3f6cd8c50d:g:IEIAAOSwmLlX~IX~&vxp=mtr

On Sun, Feb 18, 2018 at 10:28 AM, MG via Mercedes <mercedes@okiebenz.com>