It's not so much being careful as being able to get the hex screws off/on the pump as they are not visible and you have to contort a bit to reach them -- just fiddly.

You want to clean the pump well, be careful not to get schmutz in the engine, and put loctite on the center screw (ask me how I know!).

It also helps to have a little hold-down thing (I made one from a small block of wood screwed to another piece of wood) to compress the spring while putting it together.

Getting the fan off/on is the worst part of the job, also fiddly.

--FT