As a last resort, I have clamped a vicegrip to hold the serp belt to the fan pulley, so it can't slip. (OM603)

Craig via Mercedes <mailto:mercedes@okiebenz.com>
March 21, 2018 at 10:51 PM
On Wed, 21 Mar 2018 20:38:05 -0400 Max Dillon via Mercedes

As a matter of fact, Max, I think I was the one who first discovered this.

I looked through the W124 CD and finally found where mention is made of
this: It's for the M104 engine (picture attached, upper right corner).

From what the manual says, it doesn't apply to the OM602. I'll have a
closer look at it tomorrow, but from what I remember from glancing at the
water pump, I think that will be the case.

Craig