I will say that these models are going for high cash. After the turn out for the Biodiesel forum today, there will be increased interest in a Benz, and sellers can ask what they like. Far too many tiny little VW cars attending and many newbies would love a more refined car.

On Friday, March 17, 2006, at 05:44 PM, Woodlandtaylors wrote:

Jim,

Put a for sale sign in the back window, my daughter said the late 70's and 80's MB diesels are fetching big bucks around Seattle - any comment Casey.

Dennis T

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
On Behalf Of Jim Cathey
Sent: Friday, March 17, 2006 5:32 PM
To: Mercedes Discussion List
Subject: Re: [MBZ] Project 240D in Oregon

We're planning to fill up both tanks in Idaho tomorrow and
drive to Seattle and back in the car.  The shakedown cruise.

Fuel is a lot cheaper in Idaho, in case you're curious.  Effectively
the car is 'done', though there are a few small things left to do.
I'm into it a conservative 80 hours of labor, and the expenses
(including acquisition) are a hair under $1000.

(Hmm, motor mounts, restoring the AC, and a CLA on the sunroof
are still on the list.  Maybe not so small.  Sigh.)

I doubt this is going to make much money for us.  Nice looking
car, though.  That's why I want to drive it to Seattle.  That way
I get some small ROI for all the TLC before we sell it.  And it
ought to save us a bit of money if we don't have to buy expensive
Washington fuel.  (An extra gas tax.)

-- Jim