had a really pleasant chat with Jim when he came by to get the hubcaps.
  Nice family and that 240D is a SUPERB car for what it is.  I must bow
down to Jim's ability to take dead iron and make it come back to life.
The car got all the way to Seattle from Spokane and most likely will
get even better on the way back.

Thanks for the kind words.  Car did indeed go all the way back home,
uneventfully.  I got these words out of my wife:  "I was wrong."
Sweet music!  Car purrs like a kitten on the highway, too.

The super large tank in the trunk should give it an 800 mile range
easy.  He got paintless dent repair to the front fender and with the

The light came on at about 1000 miles.  We only got 23.5 MPG on this
shakedown cruise, that was a bit disappointing.  Ran her hard, though.
All the mountain passes and such really wrung the car out.  Starts
and runs smoother easier and stronger than ever before.

trim strip back on, it would be hard to tell it was hurt unless you get
really close.  He wants to get the AC back in and working, as well as
CC to function well.  If he sells over here, he can expect his base
price of $2500 easy.

If I sell it over there I may not need to get the AC working.
That would be nice.   Easy enough to restore, probably, but I
have to wait until a suitable donor shows up at the U-Pull.
That could take an indefinite amount of time.  No other
approach is economically feasible for a profit-making
venture.  But we don't want to be sitting on this car
for very long.  My wife fears its continued existence
here.

This is not a Kansas 220D car, but a really nice example of the w123 in
#3 condition.  With a good rubbing out, a detailing, spit shine to the
engine compartment, I think it could be a #2.  No excess smoke or
noise, just a great klatta klatta.  Anybody interested in a car with
some upgradability should consider it for a friend or relative.  List
members would want to take the next step in car care and cover the
cosmetic items and get a timing chain in at the next valve adjustment.

I think it has curb appeal, great example of a 10 footer, and better
than many of the '79 cars I see available.  Just my $0.02

It'll be for sale soon!  But I always figured it would be sold
non-list, since we here all are capable of making our _own_ rides
out of non-functioning junk.  Right?

Gump is no POS, btw.  It's cleaning up nice, and isn't that far
from deserving a nice paint job.

-- Jim