had a really pleasant chat with Jim when he came by to get the hubcaps. Nice family and that 240D is a SUPERB car for what it is. I must bow down to Jim's ability to take dead iron and make it come back to life. The car got all the way to Seattle from Spokane and most likely will get even better on the way back.

The super large tank in the trunk should give it an 800 mile range easy. He got paintless dent repair to the front fender and with the trim strip back on, it would be hard to tell it was hurt unless you get really close. He wants to get the AC back in and working, as well as CC to function well. If he sells over here, he can expect his base price of $2500 easy.

This is not a Kansas 220D car, but a really nice example of the w123 in #3 condition. With a good rubbing out, a detailing, spit shine to the engine compartment, I think it could be a #2. No excess smoke or noise, just a great klatta klatta. Anybody interested in a car with some upgradability should consider it for a friend or relative. List members would want to take the next step in car care and cover the cosmetic items and get a timing chain in at the next valve adjustment.

I think it has curb appeal, great example of a 10 footer, and better than many of the '79 cars I see available. Just my $0.02