I am more worried about the maintenance policies and procedures of the
airline than the crews, either set. It's really the bean counters that do
the damage . . .
For the most part, the provenance of every bolt, etc. in the aircraft can
be traced back to the raw materials, at least that's what I've been told.

On Wed, Apr 18, 2018 at 5:09 PM, Randy Bennell via Mercedes <
mercedes@okiebenz.com> wrote:

> I think I am more worried about the quality of the maintenance crews than
> the air crews.
>
> RB
>

> On 18/04/2018 4:19 PM, Curley McLain via Mercedes wrote:
>
>> Some of the yupeen and asian airlines are pretty good also.  Luthansa and
>> Aer Lingus come to  mind, although Ryanair now is very high on the list of
>> safest, but I have not flown on that one.   Singapore used to be very good,
>> but I don't know how they stack up now.
>>
>> I enjoyed flying when the pilots were WWII bomber veterans with tens of
>> thousands of hours.   I always believed they could handle anything humanly
>> possible.
>>
>> US regionals are dicey, as reviewed here a few weeks ago.
>>
>> Not all major airline pilots are military veteran pilots, but I trust the
>> military veteran pilots more than anyone else.
>>

>> Greg Fiorentino via Mercedes wrote:
>>
>>> Agree and agree!
>>>
>>> SWMBO absolutely agrees regarding military training. She worked in the
>>> pilot training unit at Alaska Air.
>>>
>>> Greg

OK Don

for themselves."