Agreed. But people do use the extra power. I don't think the turbo cars
actually produce better economy for that reason, typically. This has been
one of the main criticisms of modern diesels actually; the vehicles are
often overpowered and large, which negates any inherent efficiency
advantages in terms of overall fuel consumption.