WOW, thats ALOT of oil usage, sounds like you might have scored piston
walls.

Not to be discounted on these cars is a malfunction of the oil
separator system in the air cleaner.  (Including the baffle of
recent discussion, the hoses, etc.)  I own the Chicken Wagon
because the PO thought the engine was toast.  Five minutes
with a screwdriver and that dog was converted to something
we drove a couple of hundred miles home.  Not that we knew
anything about it at the time, we just thought that having
the breather hose mostly occluded by a clot of rubber snot
couldn't be doing it any good.

No, it wasn't!  The oil reclamation system in the crankcase
ventilator depends upon relative pressures being right.  The
oil in the blowby in this case was pooling and slopping over
into the turbo intake.  Big oil consumption, bad intermittent
engine noises, and a lot of carboning up.  All gone after
fixing the breather hose.

-- Jim