fuck, I thought you were rebuilding it yourself? I bet fucking engine cost a pretty penny.

John Ervine wrote:

Kaleb C. Striplin wrote:

what did you do, clean the engine, transmisson, and engine compartment while you had it out? Looks good.

The engine is a rebuild from Metric Motors out in California. The injection pump and injectors are from Tom Horvath at Yankee Diesel in Connecticut - very special IP work, should be a very fast (relatively) 240D post break-in - lower no-load max RPM, higher load RPM, and higher fuel delivery in mid-range and up.

Donna degreased the engine compartment for the most part - the bottom is still grease-laden, as I found out when bolting up the motor mounts. The transmission was cleaned as best as possible after removal, and then I touched up the top half with some fine steel wool to remove the oxidation. As I mention on at least one page, the photos simply do not do the motor justice. I hated to put the motor in the car, and would have rather set it in my living room.

--
Kaleb C. Striplin/Claremore, OK
 90 420SEL, 89 560SEL, 87 300SDL, 85 380SE, 85 300D,