The remanufactured by MB 617 engine I bought for my first '76 300D
didn't look that good out of the crate!

My 117 engine is now sitting in the SLC, bolted up, drive shaft in
place, exhaust buttoned up, etc. THe car is now off the stands -
waiting for everything under the hood to be attached ---
I haven't updated the page yet (no new photos yet), but your engine
does look better than mine!
http://pages.sbcglobal.net/danorris/450slc.htm

--
OK Don, KD5NRO