Luther Gulseth wrote:
1qt/250-300mi.

There is NO way that oil consumption in excess of a qt in 1000 miles will be cured by what you are doing!! When oil consumption gets to a qt in 600 miles Mercedes rates the engine as unreliable and insists it be taken out of service since it can fail without ANY warning (and then there's the matter of pollution).

Somewhere something is VERY wrong. I don't know what it is, but it's NOT stuck rings or leaky valve guides or seals. I doubt that it's the turbo seals too, but that's less conclusive then the my discount of rings, valve guides or seals.

Marshall
'87 300TD 182Kmi, '84 190D 2.2 229Kmi, '85 190D 2.0 161Kmi, '87 190D 2.5 turbo 237kmi