--FT wrote:
> Wind makes some sense in certain places...

Wind as singular source is insufficient.
We can do with less of everything, so... couple less of everything in
these analyses.  New designs for all power needs can do a bunch to
decrease our current use, maybe?  Let's not run the present system in
to the ditch seems nice, so let's continue to analyse and innovate.
As you say, wind is *part* of the analysis but many other things need
to play in to a *real* analysis.  Also, what is the objective?  More
wind?  More coal?  More gov't funding? ... plus - Use it up, wear it
out, make it do, or do without.
tin.man