All too true. Speed limits are ignored, resulting in cars with a wide range
of speeds trying to cross the country on the same road at the same time.
The drivers who are exceeding the limit are also the ones who cannot handle
the car at those speeds. Then you have heavy trucks trying to pass each
other with a speed delta of 1mph - - -

On Mon, Nov 26, 2018 at 2:40 PM Randy Bennell via Mercedes <
mercedes@okiebenz.com> wrote:

> On 26/11/2018 2:28 PM, Rick Knoble via Mercedes wrote:
> > Barrister Snook opines:
> >
> >> It is amazing the morons that still don't know >how to drive.
> > The big issue is all the electronic nannies that do the thinking for
> you. Folks in newer cars with traction control and such don't know where
> the limits of traction are. So they exceed the abilities of the nannies to
> control the car.
> >
> > Meaning, they_NEVER_learn_how_to_drive.
> >
> > Rick
> > _______________________________________
>
> I think it is worse than that. People learn enough to pass the driver
> test but then they just get lazy and sloppy. They have no idea where
> their right side tires are so they want to run down the middle of any
> narrow lane-way. They can't be bothered to make a reasonably right
> angled turn. They want to do a sweeping turn such that they almost hit
> the vehicle waiting to turn our of  a lot onto the roadway etc. When
> they turn into a parking lot off of a street, they go right in the
> middle even when the entry is wide enough for at least 2 vehicles and
> they know it is an exit as well as an entry.  They don't obey street
> signs - ("rules are for losers"?). There are a number of streets in my
> area where the right lane permits one to go straight across and the left
> lane requires one to turn left. I very often encounter someone intent
> upon going straight across in the left turning lane who is upset that I
> am also trying to turn left from the opposite direction. Stop signs in
> my suburb apparently no longer mean one is supposed to stop.
>
> I often wonder why the sides of the road are not littered with wrecked
> cars and bodies.
>
> RB

OK Don

for themselves."