Sorry to hear about your wife -- not fun times ahead.  I self-graduated last weekend to a cane (was hexapod now a tripod) and will see doc on Tuesday, see what my status is.  Best wishes for her (and you).

The headliner on the SL is also drooping and falling down, I guess when I can get the hardtop off it will be time to reglue it or whatever one does, won't have to send it to a specialty shop. Your expertise will be helpful in that regard, something I can do I expect.  It's supposed to be some high-end material on the SL600 I think, it feels kinda dense and rubbery, maybe it is actually fabric of some kind.  I also noticed that EVERYTHING in the cabin is covered with leather, no vinyl, it is pretty cool.

--FT