waytago!

Did you encounter the "tamper-proof" screw heads?  I found some what to get them out, then cut slots in each head so they could be turned.

Max Dillon via Mercedes wrote on 3/10/19 8:58 PM:
Last summer I rebuilt the carburator on my weed whacker, a 31cc two stroke
engine.  It ran great a couple times, then it didn't. It would start and idle,
but then die as soon as I opened the throttle.

Took the carb apart and cleaned out the passages again, no change.

I decided to break the EPA seal on the two jet adjustment screws, then remove
those and clean their passages.

That did the trick.

I carefully counted the turns for each screw as I removed them, put them back
the same number of turns, then fine tuned once I had the engine running.  Both
needed to be turned in a bit.

I think the high speed jet might be off, there is a slight stumble right off
idle, but she's producing great power now.