https://www.benzworld.org/forums/attachments/r129-sl-class/252613d1249347569-what-engine-oil-viscocity-you-running-2001_mbfactoryapprovedserviceproducts.pdf

I have some other graphics extracted from some of these posts in that thread

--FT

On 3/18/19 6:08 PM, OK Don via Mercedes wrote:
When the ambient temps are at and above 100F, a lighter than 50 weight oil
would not keep the oil pressure up at idle when the engine was fully warmed
up. 15W-50 synthetic was great in the OM61x and OM60x engines I had. So, if
the temps get high, you need heavier oil. If the temps get low, you need
lighter oil. If they swing to both extremes, you need multi-weight that
covers both ends.

On Mon, Mar 18, 2019 at 4:44 PM Curt Raymond via Mercedes <