All the on-line places with pictures show aftermarket very similar to what
I have: about 60 degrees between intake and outgo.

I'm beginning to suspect that if I order the MB part, it will be the same.
Makes me wonder if what I just removed from the car is aftermarket / wrong,
and someone bent the hoses to make it fit.

I'm going to look at what is installed in my '95 Cabriolet to see what that
looks like.
Max
Charleston SC