  Date: Wed, 05 Apr 2006 15:53:45 -0400
From: Levi Smith <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: [MBZ] Damn it's cold was veggie fuel
To: Mercedes Discussion List <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Kinda like when you have to worry about the oil in your differential
freezing solid so that it physically won't move even with the engine's
power, or if you shut the door too hard your paint falls off.  (:
Those are just anecdotes I've heard from people.

Personally, the coldest I've done is way north, NY (Canton area, right
next to Canada) where it periodically hits 20 below and occasionally 40
below (F).  It feels cold here at 15 degrees, but at 20-40 below, it
gets to where that first inhalation walking out the door kinda hurts,
and you get an instant chill up your pantleg.  And you hope your door
locks will still move.  (I would have been worried about the engine
starting were I not using Mobil 1).  Most people just leave their cars
running at the store when it's that cold.

So I bet I've been through colder than "most" of the typical U.S., but
I'm no where's near the worst of it.  (:

Levi

countries) for 2ยข/min or less.
From [EMAIL PROTECTED] Thu Apr 06 14:01:16 2006