On Apr 6, 2006, at 10:48 AM, Levi Smith wrote:

I'd say you are correct, but that Rochester isn't even that well known
for the lake effect snow.  (not that it doesn't get it, but I don't
think it holds a candle to the buffalo area).
I live near Corning which is more south of Rochester and my in-laws live
between Jamestown, NY and Erie, PA which is mostly South of Buffalo.
There's almost a visible line you cross somewhere around Salamanca,
where suddenly you're in the REAL snow belt in the winter.

The Mohawk valley is a pipeline for snow. I live about 70 miles North of Albany and historically we get lower temps and less snow. Find Old Forge and Tugg Hill Plateau on a map and see if you can figure out why it is the "snowmobiling capital of the world"

        Can we talk about Spring soon, please?

Johnny B.
I Mac Therefore I am