John Berryman wrote:
The Mohawk valley is a pipeline for snow. I live about 70 miles North of Albany and historically we get lower temps and less snow. Find Old Forge and Tugg Hill Plateau on a map and see if you can figure out why it is the "snowmobiling capital of the world"

I went to college in Houghton, Michigan, in the northern part of the upper peninsula. Lake Superior keeps the temperatures from getting as low as they do in northern Minnesota, but it also generates a lot of lake effect snow. The worst of it tends to be around Marquette and Munising, but the first winter I was up there, Houghton got over 200 inches.

David Brodbeck
'83 300D Turbo