I don’t know that it would have been easier, but I would have spent a lot less
time on my back under the car. Everything remained pretty much static while I
was doing the work. I just had to raise or lower the differential a little a
couple of times during the job to get things aligned.

I had the car off the ground with ramps and jack stands all the way around, so
it was up in the air maybe 18”. Since I had to get to the drive shaft, front
flex joint and center bearing, I had the whole thing up as opposed to just
having the rear up in the air. Made is a lot easier to get to everything as the
job progressed.

-D