Reminds me of the time I bought a pair of KYB adjustable struts.
A couple years later one leaked. A local parts store that stocked KYB replaced
them.
A couple years later one leaked. KYB sent me a pair of GR2s via the parts store
(they didn't make the adjustables any more) and told them I was never getting
any more. The nonadjustable struts never failed, but I never bought KYB again.
Mitch.