Could try to get a real tight grip on it with an
original vice-grip pliers and give it a twist. It has
always worked for me as long as I use the original
pliers. Seems the off brand ones don't always work. Had
that happen a few times and the bolts came loose with
subsequent use of the old original pliers i have.

MG

Kaleb Striplin via Mercedes wrote:
I’m in the process of removing a read axle in order to replace the rear wheel bearing. I have 5 of the 6 bolts out but of course 1 of them is buggered up. The way the bolts are in relation to the axle boot near it it is difficult to get a good solid grip on the without it slipping. If not very careful you will round it off. Any idea on how to proceed? I’m not sure I can just try cutting the head off because the axle must slip done from the diff. I don’t think there is enough room to pull it off the bolt stud then down.
Sent from my iPhone