AH. I guess the 126 has the compressor oriented different from the 123.

Clay Monroe via Mercedes wrote:
Exact same mountings and position based on the spare compressor I found while
digging through all the W126 goodies in my stash.  Turned out I had the whole
set up already but for the O rings just sitting in a rubbermaid tub.

clay