My former message was a bit cryptic as I was trying to compose it quickly at a
red light...

As others have stated, while the performance or lack thereof of this
configuration of the 240D is minimal, driving one configured this way merely
requires the driver to become more tactical in their driving habits. Risk
taking is minimal, as your resources for making changes on short notice are
limited, to say the least.

-D