Probably, as the same platform was used for the trucks they sold here. That’s
why I’m not shy a HiLux is even relevant. The trucks they sold here under
different model names are nearly the same.

More importantly, if he ends up staying out west permanently as he plans,
having anything but a domestic car/truck in a remote area is not a wise
decision. It would be like driving a Benz out there. No MB mechanics anywhere
near the Grand Canyon….

-D