Sounds more like "Manfred's cars last a long time" than "Toyota pickups last a
long time".
But we can't read a lot into individual cars anyway, like "Manfred's Taco went
300k", or "the transmission in Byron's Taco didn't make 150k", or even "the
transmission in Mitch's W140 didn't make 150k", although with additional
knowledge we can say "the connector that had an oil related failure in Mitch's
W140 trans at 145k is a common failure point for 722.6 and a cheap fix if
caught early". For all I know, a Toyota enthusiast would have fixed Byron's
truck with a $15 part and 2 gallons of ATF, like my S420 trans.

Mitch.