AH - the dealer. Last time I took the F150 to the dealer for a recall
(reprogramming the shift down computer, the second time), the techs told me
I needed new brakes REAL soon. I said thank you, drove home, pulled two
wheels and measured the pads - they were barely worn from new specs. The
time before that, another recall visit, they told me that the battery was
almost dead and needed to be replaced before it stranded me somewhere. That
I partly believed because the truck sits most of the time - I drive it on
average every 10 days or so - and I had not been putting it on a charger. I
now use batteryminder
<https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00Q3CM2QY/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1>
on it every time after I drive it - the six year old battery is still doing
fine.
So - I would ALWAYS at least get a second opinion on any service/repair
offered by the dealer.

--
OK Don

pause and reflect." Mark Twain