I agree. HOAs limit both ways and appear to me to only be valuable to the
curtain twitching bores of the world.
Watch the new Adams Family movie, its got an interesting commentary on
homogeneity. I certainly prefer the company of the weirdos and oddballs that
have no place in an HOA.

-Curt

    On Monday, October 21, 2019, 1:53:24 PM EDT, Jim Cathey via Mercedes
<mercedes@okiebenz.com> wrote:

 > Not to be a contrarian, but if you have hocked your financial future to
> settle down as a homeowner in suburbia, isn't it in you interest to have
> some assurance that a sloppy neighbor won't drag down home values?

But where does it stop?  If you don't want 'their kind' next to you, can/should
you dictate what vehicles they can even own?  (Must own at least one EV,
to prove their progressive attitudes.)  Their jobs?  (Must have adequate income
and political sensitivity, in order to preserve 'our' way of life.)  Too
many/few
kids for your liking?  Too old?  Too young?  Too black?  Too white?  Too
many/few
penises and/or vaginas in the household?  Too ambiguous regarding same?

We have a neighbor, retired Navy.  His HOA prohibits his erecting a flagpole.
Nice.

Yesterday I watched (Netflix) a recent film adaptation of "The Little Prince".
Very well done.  The neighborhood absolutely _screamed_ HOA to me,
but I know which neighbor I'd rather have!

-- Jim