At my Wallyworld, they aren't necessarily the sharpest tools in the shed.

Let's say your torque spec is 90 ft-lb.
They get out the rattle wrench and the 90 ft-lb springy socket.
They don't know or care if the wrench is more powerful than the torque limiter
was made for.
They hammer the lugs down nice and tight.
They get out the clicker torque wrench and it clicks on every lug without
moving any of them.
Then they go out in the parking lot and do some autocross.
Bring the car back in and use the torque wrench again.
Nope of the lugs move during torquing. Perfect! Every lug is exactly torqued to
90 ft-lb, and their torque wrench proved it. I talked to the girl doing the
torquing and she truly believed it.

The system works for them, because it's impossible to break a lug with the
limiter, and it's impossible to undertorque and have the lugs fall off unless
you skip multiple steps in the procedure. So it's superior to the procedure
used at every Chevy dealer when they do oil change&rotation.
Thanks, but no thanks. Next time I'll just bring you the wheel.