The US will lose the next war because we no longer have the industrial
infrastructure to supply the arms required.  This came to me as I was walking
the dog the other day and seeing the 40 year old homes in the neighborhoods
rotting away.  Low cost, slap dash construction with T1-11 and no understanding
of climate, weathering, or proper long term plans.

With the quest for a fresher vehicle SWMBA is dragging me along on, I am
gobsmacked by the 72 month loans for used cars that are being pushed.   No
Down, 110% Loan to Value, and the buyer is getting a car that will be falling
apart before the loan matures.  Used to be homes lasted longer than the
mortgage, same with cars.  But I think I heard of 40 and 50 year loans being
sold before the bubble blew in 2006.

clay