Speaking of transplants:  I always contended a 114/115 rear subframe could be made to work in a 110/111 body.   I did end up with a 115 junker 12 years ago, but was not able to deal with getting the rear subframe out.  Benefit, would be moving fmor a single (center) pivot rear axle (Think 60 VW Bug) to fully independent rear suspension we know and love on 123, 126, 116, 126, 107 etc, and newer.

since in the one track experience I had on the 200D, the rear axle buckled under and rear-steered the car sideways, I've been very careful about keeping the axle nearly straight and not corning too hard with a light load.   On the track we had to remove everything from the trunk, and that raised the rear of the car and make the rear axle halves slope down to the wheel.  THat set up the physics that made the outside wheel forced down and jacked up the rear of the car leading to the sideways on the track situation.   With my toolbox and the jack, spare tire and lugwrench in the trunk, the axle was more near straight, and the car will corner well.    The "Track safety" regulations (nothing in the trunk) led directly to creating an unsafe situation.   Fully independent rear suspension would eliminate the problem that led to being crossways in the track.