I would like to make an "al bore" comment that does have Mercedes content.
While having nothing to do with politics.
It is:
The whole specter of "global warming" as it has been sold to the public has
had a huge impact on how Diesel engines, thus Mercedes cars, has been and
are now perceived as in "Diesels pollute" and "It smells bad thus it must
be spewing toxic waste into the air" arguments.. which are then segued into
the whole "global warming argument"...
The result has been a huge downturn in Mercedes Diesel production of future
designs, less support for older Mercedes in the way of parts and repair
shops, and increased cost for both... all as the result of the whole
"global warming" arguments made by influential individuals in the public
forums.

As intelligent people, regardless of political opinions held, we all look
at facts more than fantasy, and the public arguments made by those of the
Al Gore persuasion are now failing the fact check criteria of sound
scientific investigation, it seems.
Strong evidence has been brought forward the foundational premise was both
flawed, and embellished [here stands controversy which is better discussed
elsewhere].

Regardless, right or wrong, fact or fiction, it has had a real impact on
what we are about here, which is Mercedes cars and how to keep them running
and supported.

Respectfully,
G.Mann